Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Leadville on the list and my teammate

Leadville has long been on my mind as a race that I would like to complete. To me it’s always been one of those “one of these day’s I will do that one”. Well for me that day is now barreling down on me like a huge freight train, that there is no way I’m getting out of the way of! In a few short weeks, I’m going to be lined up at the starting line, with all those crazy thoughts we all get at the starting line.

Did I train enough? Did I do everything I could have to prepare? Did do all I can to raise money to this point and fight cancer? Do I have the right supplies with me for the day? Are my clothing choices right? Did I choose the right food and liquid nutrition to carry? Is the bike good to go for the day? Why does my stomach feel like this? That guys looks fast, wonder if I can hang with him? That person looks out of there league, hope I can get in before them? I did ORAMM…. I can do this right????

Then “BAM” there is a start. For me, it shuts out those questions. It’s time to focus and do what you came to do. I know when it comes down to it, I need to drown out all those things and focus on what I can do. Still saying that and doing that are different things. Anna is always in my corner and telling me I can and supporting me and I love her so for it. She gives me such strength at times. She completed Ironman Florida in 2005. She raised a lot of money to fight cancer in honor of her father who lost his battle. Just in seeing her complete such huge task makes me know I can take on my challenges and come out better. She continues to show me strength and determination every day. I am so happy to have her on my side. She is a true teammate and soul mate. I would never have put my name in the Leadville lottery had she not given me that little push. She rocks. Anna, I love you and thank you for all your work and support. I hope to make you proud.

PS... congrats to all finishers of ORAMM this year. Results are posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment