Wednesday, August 5, 2009

It's getting close, Leadville on the horizon

The Shoes have been replaced! CYCLES de ORO hooked me up with a pair of the Specialized Pro Mtb shoes. These things look awesome and feel great. I might be suffering on the long climbs in Leadville, but my feet will be styling and feel good.

The bike, my Specialized EPIC has made the journey. It was received today by Cycles of Life, the highest bike shop in the country! They are building and tuning my bike before the race. Do you think the bike could get acclimatized for me?

Anna has gotten me some more sponsors to help raise funds for the Lance Armstrong Foundation. I would like to welcome Chick- Fil-A, Painted Plate and Pepper Moon Catering. Thank you all so much for helping me raise money to fight this terrible disease called cancer.

Leadville is right around the corner. Someone has been pre riding sections of the course. Go here for video of the course. I’m getting ready to go, pre packing as best as I can. Very excited to be so close to a race I have always talked about doing and it’s almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment