Thursday, June 25, 2009

Breaking the Trainer.

Is it a good or bad sign when you break your indoor trainer the first year you’ve had it? It’s been raining here a fair amount this year, no drought talk yet, which is unusual for us. So the trainer has seen its fair time of my backside since I want to be in good shape for my Leadville attempt. If I’m off the bike for too many days I start to panic about not doing all I can to be ready for it. I do hate to ride in the rain, all that spray that flies up from the road and makes the taste of motor oil most unwelcome in your mouth. Don’t forget the 2 plus hours of cleaning up and lubing your bike properly that always sucks. So the trainer has become my great training partner on those days. Right now my little trainer partner is being fixed. It’s over at CYCLES de ORO getting made all better. I sure hope it recovers from my meanness to it before another round of bad weather gets here or I guess I will have to suck it up and go outside in the rain and train.

No comments:

Post a Comment